Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Confined spaces

I spend much of my weekend making the most of my walk in closet ...
I started out without a real plan, I really just wanted to improve the quality of the wall on the right , there were so many holes it resembled cottage cheese , but that is an easy fix ...
I have an "extend it" rod system which doubles my hanging space , it also comes with shelves if you like but I needed more hanging , it is a great solution because it is very flexible and actually hangs off of your exsisting rods , it can be made quite narrow or you can strech it out to its maximum , a quick and easy solution .


I added these three shelves on the fly after some cardio , the saw dust was flying , turns out it is just what I needed for my jeans and comfy pants ...

I am a huge fan of hooks I couldn't live without them , in a pinch they help keeps things tidy , this wall would be otherwise useless , this is a narrow closet but functional for me.


A fresh coat of white paint , new shelves and hooks and a little jigging sure has made a huge difference.


I have some more trim plans for these shelves , don't you love a freshly cleaned closet , I purged I tried on lots of new things that fit again , very full filling project.

Getting dressed is becoming fun again .
Oh and I dragged my two daughters to see Never Say Never 3D so that I could see it, I have always like Justin Bieber thanks to my oldest daughter and seeing him perform in Toronto two summers ago with my girls , he is very talented indeed I can attest to that seeing him perform and play guitar and then all of the sudden she was over him , but I didn't turn on him , I still like him , and now if possible I like that kid even more , LOVED the movie , if you don't get it , the whole Bieber thing go see this movie, you will GET it and you will love him too , you may even catch a little Bieber Fever ...what a kid and I am so impressed with his Mom Patty , well done Patty , its hard not to put yourself in the shoes of a Mom when you watch this , its cute its touching and inspiring too...good clean fun . Oh and I think Mason likes him again , he is hard not to like...

4 comments:

Andy said...

Cute cute boots.

Aja lee's Sweet Life said...

I saw the movie too with both of my daughters this past weekend and LOVED it...Very inspiring...You are so right if you don't get it after watching this movie you will for sure... Thanks for such a great inspiring blog. Aja

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your closet looks fabulous. I so need to purge mine and get it all cleaned up. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Misty said...

I am a lurker of your site! Love! I have been trying to find the post about the black/white zig zag curtains you made a while back and cannot find it! Can you help??