Monday, January 31, 2011

Toronto Interior Design Show 2011

I enjoy attending the Interior Design show in Toronto and sometimes I even enjoy this with my family , I made it clear that they were going to enjoy it with me this year as well , my husband was game but my dear daughters wanted to just stay home .....well no I don't think so, I can imagine many dreadful calls from home interrupting my fun at the show , so after laying down the law the girls were so thrilled to join us.
See the happiness...

My fun girls , seriously they are crazy and fun , and we did enjoy our time there or at least the first hour was fun , then I had the barrage of are we going ?, can we leave ? started, what fun .....I always love to see how much Mason loves the ultra modern design , and what was up with all the fire it was simply hot in there ?


It is always fun to walk through the mock up rooms , this one was so magical , notice the ceiling full of paper cranes , what poor soul's had to install all of those...?





Of course the Sarah Richardson rooms were inspiring, done with her brother ....


















I think I have found the perfect colour for my dining room which happens to be a Sarah Richardson colour called Lichen , I think its perfect.




Up Country had a very appealing booth , I loved this dining table and benches .


The girls thought I should buy this painting of the blue chair .....I loved it for sure.



But I was drooling over these tiles , so gorgeous don't you think so too.

I hope I could share with you a few fresh photos of this years IDS I know there are many blogs sharing their photos too , it as always was a great and inspiring show, cheers!
*I had to edit this because I just weighed in and I have lost 10 pounds , 2 extra pounds over the weekend...
FYI on the weight loss front I have now lost 8 pounds , yeah me , things are getting loose which is so nice , off I go to workout now , again .

5 comments:

Karla @ {The Classy Woman} said...

Thanks for sharing, Chris! Since moving to Orlando 4.5 yrs ago, that is one thing I miss for sure! I used to go every year with one of my best friends. The shows here are not nearly as good. I'm so glad you showed us some of the Sarah Richardson rooms. I met her about five years ago when I was at the last one in Toronto and she was showcasing her furniture line and designed a lovely kitchen.

Starwood Country Creations said...

Wow! I didn't know Sarah Richardson had a brother ... well I do now.
I love the chippy bar cart you showed in one of her rooms. The Up Country Table was also very cool.

Jo

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That must have been so inspiring to see some of Sarah's rooms. I really enjoy her style and personality!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Woo Hoo ... congrats on the 10 pound loss.

Kim said...

love that the girls joined you stink eye and all (we call crabby sour faces...giving someone the stink eye in our house) hope you purchased that blue chair pic :) and 10 lbs is quite impressive...yahoooooo!

LinkWithin

you might also like