Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Organizing

I know I haven't been around much lately , truth be told I have nothing much to share , however I did decide to do something about or front hall closet , as you can see I tried to make the most of it a few years ago with this wire organizer , yuck , it sucks , so I ripped that out yesterday yeah that was fun...
Here was my clean slate , I have put in a narrow storage tower so far and added a couple of drawers and two runs of hanging ...it is a work in progress , I need to paint and add some more hanging .
Good news on my get fit journey , I have lost 6 pounds so far , this is a big deal for me , I have had trouble in the past losing , after eating right and working out it was difficult to not see changes in the scale which has lead to giving up at times , however there is no giving up this time there is no option to fail this time 40 is just two years away for me and that is a huge motivator for me , I must look good at 40 .... this time I am using a weight loss aid , Slim quick which I have used in the past and which I had great success with , and so far so good , I am using the Slim quick drinks , which aid in appetite control, added energy and the best part is that it makes me drink more water which I am really bad at , this along with my fitness pal app on my iPhone is proving successful for me .....good old fashioned calorie counting ....it's just math ...






I am trying to keep this image in mind , because 6 pounds is no small feat , now how to fast forward through the next 31 pounds I need to lose and all the hard work and balancing that will entail.... but I know it is worth it , I can see my prize.

7 comments:

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Congrats on the 6 lbs. It is not easy, but every pound is encouragement.

I've lost 48 lbs since May .. low carb ... woo hoo.

Pine Tree Home said...

I'm with you on the eating healthy. 4 years ago 20 lbs creeped up on me due to lack of exercise and sitting at my desk too long. I've been about to whittle 10-12 lbs off, but the last 10 are the hardest. It's been a 2 year journey, but I am determined. All I wanted to do tonight after a long day was go to bed. I forced myself to run for 20 minutes. Just 20. I feel SO MUCH Better tonight. We have to tell ourselves to just do it.

BTW, I hate my wire shelving too in my closets.

Wendy said...

congratulations on the 6 - keep up the great work!

designlove-cynthia said...

That is awesome!Keep it up girlfriend!

You Rock!

Cindy

Becky said...

Congrat on the weight loss. I just lost 6 too, sounds like we are both in the same place. Looking at 40 but not wanting to look 40! Keep up the good work it will be worth it in the end.

Katrina Chambers said...

Congrats on losing the weight! I need to do the same...I need to find my motivation but it's so hot here at the moment :)

HRH Sarah said...

Congratulations! I've done Weight Watchers before, and I usually start out well, but lose steam when I hit a plateau. I need to lose about 60 pounds- I can't believe that number!!! I'll keep checking back in with you to see how you're doing- maybe it will keep me motivated...

LinkWithin

you might also like