Friday, December 17, 2010

Sugar cookie gifts


I got out all of my baking supplies and made a nice big batch of sugar cookies , it is a Christmas tradition for me to give sugar cookies with royal icing to the kids teacher and principals ...I can't break this tradition , they count on me, at least one of our principals husbands does I know that for sure.



I didn't do traditional Christmas colours , I never do , usually I do blue and white sometimes green , I guess that is traditional , but this year I went with pink an blue. For these stars I first lined with pink and then added the dots , let those set for 15 minutes and then I flooded them with the blue icing , you can't skimp on the royal icing , I need to get some more icing bag couplers and tips to have a variety of colours next time.
Let's call these fully loaded, just how the kids like ....I admit I don't even eat these , too sweet for me , its a good thing too because they are gone before you know it .




I wasn't feeling my cookie cutters , I wasn't as dedicated as I should have been , I will make another batch for the kids to decorate and I will put my heart into it , as well I need some new shapes , I have had these forever , bored!!! I'm thinking Christmas tree , a different leaner snow man and may mittens?? and I NEED a snowflake shape ,we'll see.

16 comments:

EmilyLauren said...

These are too cute--they look delicious! I love the fact that you don't do the stand-by green and red. You've inspired me to get some holiday baking done this weekend! Love your blog!

Champagne Taste said...

THE CUTEST SUGAR COOKIES EVER!!!

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

I love this recipe! I don't even like sugar cookies but these are the bomb!! Question- My cookies always come out very plump and full and sometimes you can't even tell what the shape is. How do you get them so perfect. I know I'm not baking to long. I hate a hard cookie. Any tips?

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

These look adorable! Love the pink and blue!

Jenna @ The Wannabe Cottage said...

These look so yummy! :) And I love the pink and blue!

BearShe Cottage said...

The cookies look fabulous. Yummy! I'm sure the kids will enjoy them.

Lori said...

snow man is perfect. Now you know your daughters have been asking you what you want for Christmas! Cookie Cutters.

MommaHensCoop said...

Yum! You just got me all amped up to make our sugar cookies! Ours are strictly for Santa though...none for mommy and daddy *wink*

lifeinredshoes said...

So. much. talent.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Yum! I love a good sugar cookie. Is there a certain recipe that you like to use? My friend Laur uses one from Land O' Lakes and they are amazing! I too like to put a little thought and effort into teacher gifts. Mine this year were very economical yet I think they turned out great. You would probably like the frames I made. They are a simple idea - I just hope the teachers appreciate them. Oh - your nail polish from a previous post - love that! Merry Christmas!

Love of the Sea said...

Very cute colors. So beachy. And they look yummy too.

Bringing Pretty Back said...

You did such a GREAT job! This year I bought the cut out sugar cookies from Gordons and slapped some betty crocker cream cheese frosting on them. Sprinkles- done.
They were delicious. But they wouldn't win any decorating contests thats for sure.
Love the pink!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

sweetlaraine said...

yum!!!! Those cookies look wonderful. I only wish I felt good enough to make some. I have been having a IBS flare since before Thanksgiving. Getting a little better day by day. Have a wonderful holiday!
Laraine

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Well I've just added these to my list of goodies to bake tomorrow. Should be fun!! :)

Val said...

Super Cute.

Zafran ali said...

These look adorable! Love the pink and blue! You have done nice job.
gift pakistan

LinkWithin

you might also like