Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I have been toying with ideas for our powder room , this little bump out ledge has always been an opportunity for decorating and I see it as a plus not a minus, about a year ago I added beadboard to the bottom section but I was thinking the upper area would look great with a little bit of trim , so I set out to the scraps I have been hanging onto and came up with a simple design I used nothing new at just scraps, all I need now is a proper wood top for the ledge...this project will come in at about $6.00 , not bad...
Of course this is what has happened to my dining room where I was working on that bench , but it has moved downstairs and is getting the finishing coats , later today a little buffing should make it all complete...

After Sophie and I visited the hospital to do her pre-op for her tonsillectomy we popped into Home Sense where I found just what I was looking for , a big drum shade and it was already in linen lucky me, all I have to do now is drill a hole in the bottom of the jug.



Sophie found the cutest owl , this kid is really loving owls these days.


No comments: