Thursday, September 23, 2010

It all started with this black and white zigzag fabric from Tonic Living , it has started a full blown makeover .I ordered it yesterday , this is our drapery fabric, won't that be stunning ....it will also frame the bed. I added black velvet ribbon accents to this beautiful shade , I love velvet ribbon.
Pretty accents.



Graphic black and white design .



The lovely shade of grey , Flagstone Martha Stewart.



This is the most beautiful duvet cover with a little ruffle , I must admit I am torn , I think it will be perfect for my room too .... the duvet is from Home Sense , and it did come with shams as well , and Mason loves it , yeah , and I think it is perfect for her room.






This dresser will be re-painted , the white I thought it was was really a cream , it has never worked , the body will be painted white and the drawers will be painted black.






How pretty is this big drum shade , I found it at Homesense for $19.00 I knew it would be perfect to cover the little chandelier we already had that I painted black.





I am starting another makeover after all I am opening up my home in a few weeks to the Holiday Home Tour and I can not let anyone see my girls room in its current condition , we had to say good bye to Justin Bieber posters , sorry Bieb's , my oldest daughters room has been a real mishmash of everything , the walls right now are green ,which she chose , the carpet is beige and needing to be ripped out , but who would give a tween new carpet , NOT ME , you should see what a 12 year old girl can do to a carpet ......its scary , I am actually considering removing the carpet and painting the subfloor , am I crazy ???????????????
This is the one room that still needs the trim upgraded , she actually wants wainscoting , JOY! and maybe black walls , that's right BLACK , I might just consider it too , just one wall , and it will be chalk board paint , the other walls I am hoping to do in a lovely grey called Flagstone by Martha Stewart.
I love a good makeover , gonna do it on a budget of course and we are going to add some pretty glamour and create a great space for a teen girl.










10 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Love it. My daughter spilled nail polish among other things on her carpet. Why not paint the subfloor? :)

designlove-cynthia said...

Chris,
I can't wait to see what you create! I love black and white rooms....I have to ask..Where did you find such a lovely duvet cover? I love the ruffle!!!

Cindy
xo

Rambling Renovators said...

Another ambitious makeover - it all sounds divine! I love the fabric and your plans for the furniture. Can't wait to see how you pull it all together Chris.

paisley penguin said...

Just painted my dining room a similar grey color and LOVE IT!

Painting the subfloor could turn out really fun. You could do a hand painted rug!

Love the drum shade and slightly frilly duvet!

Lolo said...

That shade is gorgeousness! And I love the dainty ruffled duvet cover. Youmust spill the beans on where you found them :)
How fun to re-do your daughter's room - poor Biebs...he had a good run in her room, I am sure :D

christy said...

Go for it! I had a black bedroom growing up. One wall was all black & the other three were "harbor gray". 20+ years later my friends still talk about that room. :) Cannot wait to see the finished room!

My sis pulled up her daughter's carpet & used paper bags (wrinkled) as the new floor. Not sure what adhesive she used, but I can ask. It looks cool.

Cynthia said...

Sweet!!! Very gorgeous!!

Cindy
xo

Jen Kershner said...

What a great project! My teenager destroyed her carpet in our last house. Painted subfloor sounds perfect!

Where did you find that lovely duvet?

Heidi said...

LOVE that new shade!!!

I pulled up Faith's carpet intending on painting the subfloor, but of course not all the plywood was perfectly lying flush with each other. Maybe you'll luck out and not have that problem.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll look great!

Lil' Miss Homemaker said...

I saw a picture of a room where they ripped out the carpet and painted the subfloor. They used a router to make lines in the plywood before painting-- to make it look like hardwood floor planks. It was pretty nice looking! I'd say go for it, especially if her carpet is too messed up to throw an area rug over to hide the stains.

PS-- I am loving your blog. I've spent the past 2 days trolling the archives. You are so creative!

LinkWithin

you might also like