Monday, September 27, 2010

Have I ever shown you this view of my upper hall, I don't think so but this is the view from Mason's room.
My plan is to paint these white doors black , I don't know why I am hesitating...

I pulled out my old kitchen patio door drapes , I washed them in the washing machine , even though they are dry clean only , in cold water and I hung them to dry , they shrunk a foot... but I needed to add a panel anyway just to cover some damage at the bottom and I like an interesting drape any way .



Have you met Mason , my spirited child , oh they both are very interesting girls , very feisty , like their mom for sure , yesterday we picked up some costumes for Halloween, Mason is an 80's diva and Sophie will be a witch , with lots of pink and a little ballet detail thrown in , its pretty cute , I took a cheap Walmart costume and altered it a little to fit much better .

Sophie and I re-vamped a large memo board for Mason's room , I up cycled some fabric formerly used on my settee cushion cover , the ribbon is black velvet , nearly free make-over

Here is the new seating I added , isn't it nice , I love it too , it has storage , love her cute pink phone ....now I can find her any where , ha ha ha ! she thought it was for her .....



As you can see I will have some painting to do , gotta get those drawers all painted black.

Another busy week ahead , so much to do ...

7 comments:

Lil' Miss Homemaker said...

Oh I heart your creativity. What a great mom and a uber crafty lady...

Can I ask you something? Does your husband ever frown upon any of your design ideas? I was curious, because I told my hubs that I wanted to start redesigning our hodge podge decor, and he sort of scoffs at some of my ideas. He's a comedian. He says I'm going to go and take his manhood by making things too "floofy and feminine." Lol. Just wondered if I'm the only one dealing w/ a hesitant husband. ;-) Of course, it doesn't really matter too much as long as he hands me the credit card when I need to buy something, or breaks out the table saw when I need a new shelf. ;-)

Lil' Miss Homemaker said...

Oh, and I wanted to ask you-- because monitors sometimes vary the color... Do you use mostly like a robin's egg blue, or more of a soft turquoisey color, or both, or am I totally off all together? I mean, not just with your paint (like the Reflecting Pool by Glidden), but your drapes, your dishes, fabrics, etc. Also, there's a little wooden storage unit in what appears to be a hallway under some shelves you made using the corbals, or the tall dresser type unit in your room, and they are a beautiful color on the monitor, I was wondering if you knew what color paints you used? I bet the colors are somewhere in your archives, I'm being a cheater by asking instead of a doing a big trollish search, but I was hoping you could share... MUCH appreciated!

I am getting such good ideas from you... Just wanted to add that I am grateful that you take the time to share what you're doing with those, like me, that are design challenged!

Cote de Texas said...

Mason is really growing up!!!! Such a young lady!!!

I painted all my doors black and I love it. It makes them look so much richer - do it. you'll be sooo happy with them.

Joni

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

tales from an oc cottage said...

A room full of "M's"...what's not to LOVE!!!!


m ^..^

DesignTies said...

Stop hesitating and paint your doors black -- you'll love them!! :-)

Kelly

Jeannies Bottle said...

I love your decorating style. Love it!