Saturday, August 14, 2010

Freshly baked

I have been very busy for the last two days making flowers then yesterday baking cakes and cupcakes for a BBQ celebrating my sister in laws marriage , we couldn't go to their destination wedding but I sure could make their Canadian wedding cake.

This was me testing to see if this sweet cake would fit in the intended cupcake courier thankfully it just fit , lucky me.
I think it looks so pretty just like this in the blue with while pearl butter creme drops but my fondant is not quite flawless and thankfully she wanted the same as my birthday cake which is in the above header , with the cherry blossoms.



Here it is complete finally after about 12 hours of work , hooray !, with all the little flowers and branches applied my plans turned out because I wanted it to look even better than my cake and I think it does, I like the taller statures using three layers in each tier.





I made a bunch of cupcakes too , this one is red velvet with butter creme.



This is my favorite cupcake for certain.




These are yellow cake with butter creme, oh I love these too.



Well there you have it , I have been very busy baking away and creating delicious confections .
Enjoy one of the last weekends of summer .

26 comments:

susie.m said...

What a beautiful job you did Chris... your SIL is very lucky to have a talented you around xx

E Hayes said...

Looks great (and tasty!)...

Did you ever share your buttercream recipe? I tried making some the other night and it just wasn't 'right'?... Would love to know how you make all your awesome flavors (if you're willing to share) ;)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Stunning. Wow, what a talent to be able to make such wonderful cakes and so beautiful. She will be so happy. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Sue at Beach Bungalow said...

Gorgeous creations; you almost hate to eat them!

Sue
xi

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia said...

It looks amazing, how lucky for her to have you.
Another reason why I want to stay at home...to get more into baking

Restyled Home said...

SO beautiful...you must be the nicest sister-in-law on the universe!

I am so blah and uninspired these days. I haven't an ounce of creative energy at all and my poor blog shows it!

Send some of that energy my way, will you?

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Beautiful cake and adorable cupcakes! Love the little flowers on the cupcakes! Have a great day!

Vintage Home said...

Wow amazing job Chris!...and the cupcakes how do you that big swirl???...loveit!

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my goodness...I just want to reach right into the screen and take a huge bit out of those yummy looking cupcakes! Fabulous cake...you are the bestest SIL on the planet!! Happy Saturday xOxO

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Angela said...

It is gorgeous!! and those are the most adorable cupcakes ever!

Dining and Decor said...

Your treats look amazing! The cupcakes are adorable....

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Oh this turned out so pretty!! You did an awesome job :)

fairmaiden said...

Beautiful!!!

designlove-cynthia said...

Just beautiful Chris! Great colors, and I think I can taste those cuppies from here! How nice of you...

Cindy

Karla @ {The Classy Woman} said...

Looks beautiful and delicious! Now I'm craving a cupcake. ;)

Deborah said...

Look at you!!! Wow! Such amazing creations!! Love these and love your blog. Great to meet you..Im following you (purehunnybee). Come visit me! :)

Deborah :)

The Weeping Willows said...

everything looks absolutely stunning and delicious

:-)

Flourishing Networks said...

yum...love the icing - looks great

HRH Sarah said...

Such talent! Beautiful cake and cupcakes, so glad it fit in your carrier, that's always the scary part!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Beautiful ... isn't your sister in law lucky to have you ... and the cake!!

T said...

Yes, we are very lucky! We appreciate all of your hard work. The cake was a hit!! It is amazing to see the talent that you have - thanks for sharing it with us! :)
Love Tracy and Andrew

Rachel said...

Is there anything you CAN'T do? You amaze me!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous yet elegant and simple. I love the tiffany blue thing as well. What a blessing to be able to honor your sil with such a beautiful handmade gift!!!

Love of the Sea said...

This cake is absolutely beautiful. I love it. It looks too pretty to eat...but I bet it was tasty.

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh so beautiful! Did they taste as good as they looked?

LinkWithin

you might also like