Saturday, August 28, 2010

cupcakes are the cure

How adorable is my new cupcake necklace? , well it is pretty cute isn't it , you know I love cupcakes, real , faux , whatever.
Well I found these beautiful handmade glass cupcake beads on Etsy recently while looking for charms . CL Beads is the name of the shop the prices are also fabulous. We orderd them and got them a week later after Sophie checked the mail everyday for their arrival, she was so excited to get them in her little hands, see they were for her .

Every end of summer we prepare to go back to school and with Sophie having her peanut allergy she needs to wear a medic alert bracelet , which has been a challenge , so I figured we could dress it up to take away from the look of the medic alert bracelet , charms , well of course we both loved the cupcake charms, once I saw them I knew they would be perfect.



Cupcakes save the day again ...

12 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Those charms are darling and adding them to her Med bracelet is darling! I'm in agreement that real or not cupcakes save the day!

Stop on over to my blog I'm having a giveaway 1funkywoman.bloodspot

Megan

Lori said...

What a great idea for dressing up the bracelet. Now fun to wear. I bet she gets lots of compliments.

designlove-cynthia said...

You are such a fun mom! They are so you as well!!!

Cindy

Loui♥ said...

simply delightful!!
what a wonderful idea!!
and so girly too!!
she's gotta be the envy of her friends..especially having such an awesome Mom!!
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥

Jojo said...

Those are adorable! I don't like cake so while cupcakes are so cute, I don't really ever enjoy them. That's a cupcake to be thoroughly enjoyed!

Jen said...

those are sooo adorable!!!

the cape on the corner said...

that is such a great idea, i love it. i was thinking you could continue to add things, but you don't want to cover up what it really is for emergencies. this is a nice solution!

Screaming Meme said...

So sweet! Every times I see a cupcake I think of you! BTW, have you thought about making Gluten Free cupcakes...They are money makers...Hugs, Meme

The Bailey Crew said...

i just saw your post and love the cupcake charm . . . adorable!!! i also thot i'd let you know about a friend of mine whose daughter needs to wear a Medical Alert as well and she wanted to make it a bit "cooler" for her and ended up starting her own business of fashion medical alert jewelery . . . if you're interested her site is www.beadeddaisy.com. her daughter always has 'cool' ones on now!

Screaming Meme said...

Chris...i thought you would get a kick out of this...:) I made a cupcake...okay I bedazzled it...I thought how in the heck does Chris do this...lol My sister did awesome..Show off...lol Hugs Meme

http://thescreamingmeme.blogspot.com/2010/08/kks-1st-annual-kupkake-kook-off.html

Jane said...

These charms are so much fun!

Have your girls discovered the clothing company, Johnny Cupcake? They were really big with the young (16-25) set a few years ago. They may still be around. Each of their t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, etc. have a cupcake on them...including a pirate cupcake, complete with an eye patch. They're fun!
Jane (artfully graced)

Vintage Home said...

...what a smarty you are to doll up your allergy bracelet!