Friday, June 25, 2010

Lamp slipcover number two

Before lamp : grey and grey shade , it just felt out of place to me.
My after lamp makeover , I sprayed it aqua blue and created a new lamp slipcover .

It looks like I bought new lamps , even my husband approves. Now I just need to do something about that chair it's the wrong colour the wrong pattern , I have toyed with having it slipcovered , or slipcovering it myself {I don't have confidence in that }I don't want it to look hand done , sometimes a new addition is just the way to , it has been at least three years since I have bought a new piece for the house , after all my kijiji second hand makeovers and finds I think a small purchase may be in order.






11 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

What a happy lamp makeover!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Love the fabric and paint update. Very pretty.

Rambling Renovators said...

The lamp looks great! It really livens that corner up.

So glad you like the fabric. Its a nice weight, doesn't it? I've got a big stack of samples from Tonic and they are all pretty nice quality.

Lorelei Potter said...

Love it -- but can't sew anything. Love the colors!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love the lamp. I have been looking at an old lamp I have that just does not do anything for me and have been thinking about painting it aqua or turquoise. Not sure what to do about the lampshade because I do not have a sewing machine to create a new one. Your looks great! Thanks for the inspiration to finally do something about my lamp!

~ Tracy

Skye@Neathering our Fest said...

What a cutie pa-tootie lamp! Can't wait to see the new chair to accompany it. :D

redefiningdecor.com said...

Great fabric choice with the paint color. If it were for sale in a store, I would buy two. You have such a good eye for these things!

oldblackcatboo said...

Looks great!
Boy, turquoise/aqua is THE color!
I just got the cutest little bench chair at an estate sale...and I'm going to paint it THAT color!

Flea Market Trixie said...

what a cute lamp! I love the fabric and the color, great job!

East Coast Suburbanite said...

love those lamps. you've definitely inspired me to try to fix up my own lamp shades.

Sherry@Ties2ThePast said...

Was there a trick to covering the lamp shade?? I've done the shades where you 'stick' the fabric on but yours is finished so nicely! What's your secret????