Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taking a risk

I have made some headway staining my fence , the color is Slate by Behr , semi transparent, lots of messy work but I love the rich look .









Well its not really a risk , I know it will look lovely , I have after all been thinking about staining my fence dark for over a year , I love that look , its the work , oh so much work , but the weather is right so why not ? painting lattice , FUN!



The pergola has been on hold as my hubby was on a trip to California , hopefully we will have some progress for you after the weekend , I am really looking forward ...

12 comments:

Barbie said...

LOVE it! Especially against the blue chairs.

Samantha2818 said...

I love the colour of the stain. The fencing in our back garden was dark brown but seems to have reddened over the years - in the UK a lot of people stain their fences red or green which I hate - so I have been wanting to change the colour but obviously either need to go darker or paint it completely white! I think you've helped me make up my mind - thanks x

Elyse said...

looks awesome. i will be painting some wooden steps and rails in a few weeks. any tips? how messy is messy? LOL is painting lattice really fun?

xo
elyse

Kristy said...

what a difference. it looks great. specially when its all done. it will look super!!!! good work.

Frugal Home Designs said...

That looks great! I might have to add something like this to my summer to do. My fence is in serious need of some love.

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

That does look like a big job, but it will look fabulous when done. If you get sore, just think of all the extra exercise you're getting :)

Merri said...

Wow the stain looks fantastic.

Lori said...

looks really, really good. I have to file this one away for our next fence redo.

Heidi said...

That DOES look amazing. I bet a lot of people will follow suit. :)

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

i have been painting (well, still prep work phase) a lot too. so much work but we love the end result, right? it looks awesome. you will have to check out my giveaway on my blog later today. i think it may look nice in your backyard!

Kathy said...

That looks great. I love the colour !

S said...

I love the dark & the contrast with the blue. But I am such a worrier & wonder if the neighbor on the other side has commented on any drips?