Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outdoor spaces with drapes

First I must share with you this wonderful post I found this morning done by BeachBrights , Chain Link Fence Curtains well let me just say this girl is brilliant and full of great style I mean check out the curtain rings , I love love this , not to mention this lovely covered little hidden porch ,the red brick , that window the ceiling the fan , its perfection , well I would be out there all the time , wouldn't you ? you would find me with some wine and great friends...she shares how you too can make a wonderful and durable curtain rod from stock chain link fence parts , I love to see items used for things other than their intended purpose so clever.
I am definitely going to do some sort of drapery for my pergola , so that we can close it up when we want to for private intimate occasions , I imagine it being so cozy and with the breeze blowing the fabric so moody.

Even if not functional it just looks great .



I know there are no drapes here but this is so sweet , I love this photo , the sweet girl climbing on the table , sure why not , and what a great table such a charming selection , not your typical outdoor set , love that and not to mention all of those lanterns, Oh I can not wait to have our pergola completed ....
So it turns out that there is a free limit for photo storage on blogger , its 1024 MB which I have used up over the last 3 years check the photo pop up box it tells you what percent you have used up, they simply offer you more storage , it was $5.00 a year for 20 GB , that outta be just fine for me, I can handle the $5.00 charge...giving up blogging or starting over with a new blog seems like way too much work for me .




11 comments:

Cottage Dreamers said...

You are full of so much useful information! I was affraid we wouldn't get to see those pictures. I love the outdoor curtains too!
☺ Celeste

sue said...

Your outdoor curtains are very 'romantic' but I think the romance would be history with the first splatter of bird poop! Sorry, I gotta give this one a thumbs down.

S

MaryBeth said...

I am glad it was so cheap. I don't know what I would do without all your home improvement projects with pictures.

Rose West said...

I love the picture of the little girl on the table! Isn't outdoor living great? Here in Hawaii, the outdoors make up a big part of a house's design. I just love it... the curtains are a great idea.

Judy said...

Check out my comment on the post before this one...

Judy

Merri said...

Please Please don't give up blogging I am totally addicted to both of your sites. I will give you the $5 LOl But seriously I will

TheVirginiaHouse said...

I love this post. So beautiful! Good to know about the $5 thing. I've wondered what happens "next".

{The Classy Woman} said...

I love outdoor curtains. Functional and beautiful. :) I can't wait to see what color and type you add. I love that second image with the stripes!

BTW, I have a healthy giveaway running right now if you or your readers are interested. :)

http://theclassywoman.blogspot.com/2010/04/healthy-giveaway.html

christy said...

I did outdoor curtains on my patio using drop cloths, clip rings & pipe from the home improvement store. Love them! They have been up for over a year & no bird poo, stains, etc. The only issue I have had is two curious loveable Labadors that might like to chew on them occaisonally. :) Living in the HOT SW it definitely helps cool things down & shields you from the sun when it sets.

the lady of the house said...

ick! I didn't know you could use up storage space - thanks for that hint dear. LOVE that little Beachy Brights website - thanks for the link on that too! I was jut wondering what kind of curtainy things I could put outside (as we use our carport as our patio - very rinkydink but you do with whatcha got :) Anyhow, the chainlink will work wonders! Happy Day, The Lady of the House

James' Full House said...

question: I love your pergola and have thought about doing one myself. We have an existing LARGE deck with rails around all but one side. How would you suggest putting the posts in for the pergola? I am not attached to the deck so I can remove stuff if needed. I soooo love this idea. Here it gets in the upper 90's to 100 in the summer so we love anything that can provide shade!
Thanks,
Bj

LinkWithin

you might also like