Friday, March 19, 2010

Busy with life right now

I can not believe I have not blogged properly in so long , I hope my former content keeps new readers busy , I am having a lull , its March break so I have a house full of kids , I do not have any projects currently on the go , this is the curse of having a nearly finished house , what is there to do but live , right?
Great for life but not for blogging , do I move then ????? do I start re-doing perfectly good rooms , no I can't do that , what I am doing nearly full time is outdoors planning , a pergola , a BBQ structure , a tall privacy wall and twin sheds , I have grand plans , a permanent pool is out of the question , the cons well out weight the pros , I am thinking of a large lower terrace for seating and fires and raised brick planters , I can not longer ignore the fact that I have two male dogs who love to pee on everything , raised planters , why didn't I think if that before? I think I may be able to make this work. {image from Velvet and Linen}
Isn't this is beautiful image , I know it is just lovely , why aren't there shops like this around me?

11 comments:

fairmaiden said...

This image is lovely. We would like to do a similar thing in our backyard, but of course there is always the wait for money. We've decided on putting in a nice big fountain, rather than a pool, the kind with a big round bottom, big enough to toss pennies in. You may concider one too. Enjoy your children, and living!

Vanilla Bean said...

That looks like it would be an awesome store...probably best there isn't one around you ;-) I'm looking forward to some outdoors updating, too. Can't wait to see your projects!

Ms.Cupcake (aka Becky) said...

I hear you there is really a lack of good stores here also, le sigh Canada...Maybe you should open one! Loe the image...I am anxiouly awaiting Summer!!1

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I've been wondering what you are up to! I can't wait to see all of your outdoor projects. That photograph is beautiful. I like the slipcovers and that paint on the locker cabinet is fantastic. Have a great day!

Kerri said...

That image is so lovely, it would be great if they could open a store in Australia too.
Looking forward to seeing your outdoor plans, for a backyard half way accross the world!
Kerri x

Caitlin said...

I hope we see more projects! I love your blog! You inspired me to use stripes in the home we're renting.

Art Garden Diva said...

Great Blog. I just found your Blog after spending the morning on the Oregon Coast finding treasures for my beach house. I'm using white and sea glass blue, so I was excited to see your ideas. Thanks you!

The Hayes Family said...

Glad to have you back my dear friend! You have been missed, but always worth the wait! :) Since you're pretty much done with your home you could always start on mine. I know how you like to keep busy! ;) Can't wait to see the back yard.

Jessica H.

{The Classy Woman} said...

What a GREAT problem to have! I hope I can say that one day. :) It must be such a joy to live in a home that you have put so much time and love into.

I can't wait to see what you do next with the backyard!

sinnlighet said...

Your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds

oldblackcatboo said...

Oh Yes! I can't hardly wait to see your outdoor projects! I have dogs too and my yard is flat on top but then drops straight down to another flat area...so I'm waiting to see your ideas for inspiration!

LinkWithin

you might also like