Saturday, February 20, 2010

Say it again Sam


I have been a little out of the loop this week , see I thought I would do a real clean of the computer desk , this is a well used space , it was looking awfully grubby , but when I was giving it a good old scrub up came a whole section of paint , I needed to just deal with it and redo the desk. I scraped most of the paint off and then sanded away , not as much as I should have because of the mess it would have cause actually, I will do a better job some other time , but for now it has a fresh coat or three of paint , including the wall , isn't it amazing how kids can make things so grubby .
Fixing this desk meant taking the computer apart , there was some serious computer withdrawls going on with a couple of us so it had to be only a quick fix kinda of freshen up.
Back to the chair , this was the computer chair , and when not in use is pushed in as much as possible to allow for good traffic flow , which is why I hadn't noticed how damaged it has also become , dark blue denim had stained the front fabric and frame , someone has oh so kindly overly distressed the paint right off this chair frame , it is time for an over haul, a fresh start . I am going to thoroughly sand down the frame again and refresh the paint , and recover it with this vintage fabric .
A fresh start , just what it needs.


13 comments:

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

That chair has great character. Looking forward to your finished job as usual.

kim said...

That will be really pretty. Can't wait to see the finished product. I just want to introduce myself. I am Kim just started a new blog a few weeks ago. I have been following yours for some time before I started one. Love your home which I have looked at on Houzz too. Love your style very much.

Kim

Tina said...

Oh I love this chair Chris! It has such a great shape, and I actually like your first pic, is that odd? I am also doing over my desk chair today, but just a lick of paint and a white linen chair skirt will have to do for me for the time being. I can't wait to see how your chair turns out, that vintage fabric is just beautiful! Have a lovely day ~ Tina x

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is a nice looking chair! I know you will bring it back to life.

Silvia said...

That will be a really pretty chair. Love it and cannot wait to see how it turns out :)

Trish said...

Oh your new chair is going to be gorgeous! A new start indeed! Found you via Up North Preppy and will be following along :) Wishing you a happy weekend xo

Rambling Renovators said...

I always love your chair re-dos! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I'm attempting my first chair re-do... I'm sure yours will look waaay better, lol.

Mélanie said...

I want to see the final work

My Yellow House said...

I love the chair - on all my thrifting and flea market adventures, I never find anything like that around here! It will look so charming with that vintage fabric ~
Sarah

Nadine said...

Nice project! Looking forward to see the result.

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

That's going to look beautiful! Love that fabric!!
Blessings,
Stacey

Under the Willow said...

Love the chair--love the name of your blog too!