Sunday, February 7, 2010

How could I forget decor ?

Oh my I nearly forgot this was a decorating blog , I was getting annoyed with the paint on my new buffet , it was chipping off with no force , in some spots , I followed all of my steps , TSP , light sanding , high adhession primer , paint , but there is not telling what the previous owners have applied to this piece.
My solution was a rub on of polyshades {antique walnut} , it enahced the paint sooo much.
It gleams now and glows with loviless.










I also was able to find the perfect lined basket for my re-done landing spot , thinga majiggy.





Also the mirror turned out very well , good bye ugly bamboo paint finish , hello beachy white mirror.
I wanted to show you my daughters decorating , she did this arrangement all by herself , she did such a great job putting this together .

13 comments:

The Weathered Cottage said...

love that buffet. i want it! the color is beautiful, and I've missed the decor stuff!

DustyLu said...

Love the color of the buffet! And the style is gorgeous. ~lulu

Tina said...

Love your buffet, and your white mirror looks fantastic Chris! Love your daughter's wall art, it looks fabulous - well done to her:) - Tina

Saucy said...

Your daughter: she's inherited "the eye"... good for her!

The wash on the buffet was the perfect solution.

Shorely Chic said...

great job o that buffet - I love it!!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Great solution adding the stain. Looks great.

Low Tide High Style said...

Your daughter did a great job. I love the color of your buffet, it's very beachy and your new basket looks great in that spot by the stairs.

The mirror, which I thought was just a frame from your last post, also turned out great. White paint makes everything better!

Kat :)

fairmaiden said...

My daughters antique dresser looked just like that, in the minty green(paint was called summer sorbet). But we just recently painted it black because she was ready for a change. It looks great black too.

Hillcrest Acres said...

Very nice buffet! I love the basket...so cute and what a great shape.

Sharla said...

Looks great - love the stain. Do you put anything on your pieces after you paint them (some kind of protectant coating)?

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love that buffet! It's such a pretty color!
Michelle

Melanie@The Old White Cottage said...

LOVE your buffet!

~Melanie

Kim said...

Girl - I do love it!!!! Stain is the best thing ever! I seriously use it on everything I paint!