Saturday, January 2, 2010

Part Two of 2009 in review.

Part two of my year in review , I am feeling exhausted looking back but I am glad I put all of this work into our home , it is a really comfortable place to be . I was able to finish the master bath this year by adding loads of character using some vintage pieces and my most favourite trim feature beadboard , although I would still like to add new faucets and marble counters.


I picked up these beautiful corbels just down the street for $30.00 for all 4 , I quickly made them into slim shelves.


I found this little cabinet , it needed a little love , I transformed it to hold linens.

The big long awaited bedroom makeover was a big improvement and a huge hit .



I used a simple trick to upgrade our powder room trim by leaving the existing trim in place.



I finally had a slipcover made for our little settee , money well spent this was the finally touch to complete the family room .

The headboard I made for a client .


I tried my hand at slipcovering a simple square ottoman , I think this may be my favourite thing now.


I also using scrap glass made a faux transom window for the doorway leading into the kitchen , having a two storey house bashing away at a load bearing header is not recommended.


Opening up the basement stairs and adding wood to the landing improved this little area.


Easy slips were added just in time for Christmas.

That wraps up the best of my projects , I hope you enjoyed a quick look back at 2009 and thank you most of all for all your support this past year.

No comments: