Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It is going to be a white Christmas

I have decided to put up the Christmas tree today .
I took the girls to Homesense for our annual outing to pick a special ornament for the tree , they are getting quite a collection , they pick something personal to themselves and will have a great start when they move on to start their own lives , many many years from now...
I found this gorgeous tree topper , it is so icy beautiful.
I love my white Christmas tree , it is magical ...

I am gathering all of my Christmas decor , sorting out how to go in a different direction this year, I don't want to do the same old rendition each year , the tree has never been set up in the family room , we were all excited about trying this new location... mixing things up this year...


Robin's egg blue is plentiful....



Sequins.....




More beading , this is my special addition ornament to the tree...





And this one ...






Mason's choice...







Pretty picks...

Gorgeous glass painted ornaments , so cherished ...
A few things are getting banned , the color red , I never do traditional green and red any way , no burgundy ,this years theme will be quiet white silver and blue , simple is the same of this years decor , this may take some restraint...I will show you how this turns out very soon

15 comments:

Brighton said...

Beautiful. I don't think we will be putting up a tree this year since our house is on the market. I'm just not feeling it, but I will pop over to enjoy yours!

Sarah said...

cant wait to see it finished! I am sure it will look gorgeous as everything else you do does!

cousin Deb said...

Your ornaments are lovely. Can't wait to see the decorated tree!

Rusty said...

Wow! Lovely idea for your children to choose decorations each year! I'm looking forward to getting my tree up, have wrapped up all the presents to go underneath it already!

Chloe and Co. said...

So pretty! You have the prettiest ornaments. I love the tree topper, too.

Jenna said...

Wow! I love your tree topper!

Nina Diane said...

I love it! I do my white tree in gold

Brie said...

I'm more traditional with my Christmas decor but these look so so so pretty. I can't wait to see it completed!

Arlene said...

I can't wait to see it!!! I have been wanting a white tree soooooo badly. Now that we have more house to decorate this year I just may get myself a white tree and put the green one up in the family room.

Suburban Princess said...

Lovely! Your white tree is stunning!

Susan said...

So beautiful. Such a change from the traditional. You're making me excited for the weekend when I intend to bring out my stuff.

Susan said...

So beautiful. Such a change from the traditional. You're making me excited for the weekend when I intend to bring out my stuff.

The Weathered Cottage said...

Chris you read my mind! I am planning on these EXACT colors this year. So calming and serene, I too am leaving red out. Beautiful!

SweDaisy said...

How wonderful, I love HomeSense. It's like a flea market for decorators. We are getting our tree this Sunday. We go to the tree farm in Whitby every year and cut one down. I think the tree will look lovely next to the fire place. You'll get to admire it more.

Take care,
Lisa

Jenna said...

I hope you don't mind, Chris, but I HAD to go to HomeGoods after your post. :) I found a fabulous tree topper and wondered if it was the same one you have. Lo and behold, it is! I love it! Hope you don't mind the copy cat over here... :)