Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sharing and counting down

13 more days until school is back in , until I can breathe and get things done , 13 days until I have a clean room for more than 10 minutes at a time ,in 13 more days I will have 7 straight hours where I will need to cook for NO ONE! in 13 days I will enjoy the peace of not hearing my children get into a fight for 7 hours in a row, it is just out of reach.
Can you tell I am looking forward to school?

I wanted to show you how talented my cousin is , look at this ceiling , he installed this , it is incredible , don't you want a ceiling like this ?



I am dying to get back to my laundry room transformations , but with these kids home from school for what seems like a million years it is impossible to get anything done around here , between the food preparation , and the cleaning up from the food messes I have no time for progress.


I thrive on progress . I really don't enjoy living in limbo , my bathroom is a disaster , maybe I will pull an all nighter .


I thought since I have nothing new to show you I would show you this beautiful laundry room , isn't it great ?




Things to do after school starts


~finish up the basement ceiling


~finish up the basement insulation


~learn how to install electrical outlets and lights for the basement YIKES ! , I have a big spool of wire just waiting to be used


~finish off beadboard wainscot in the bathroom , as well re-frame the bathroom door


~install door into new walk-in basement closet


~finish the remodel of our bedroom adding 5 foot high recessed paneling and re-painting the brown out of the bedroom


~finish the basement stairs


that should keep me busy well into October

12 comments:

Queen B. said...

Today was our first day back....
I didn't get much done, except prepare a FABULOUS MEAL...which I really need to post now that my camera arrived !
yahooooooooooo !!
It's divine.

Brenda said...

I so know what you mean! My daughters are grown. But I do remember those end-of-summer manic cries for help just before school started and I regained my sanity until Christmas break!
Brenda

Ajalee's Sweet Life said...

I don't know how you do it! I have a long list of things that need to be painted, installed and fixed. You think you have time to come over? lol. Thanks for the great blog : )

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

It IS great! I think I would enjoy laundry so much more in such a fabulous room.

MilkMaid said...

Fabulous ceiling and yes, I'd looooove it!

Do you visit Brighton Cottage? Her husband just redid her laundry room and it is realllllly nice. Your style, check her out if you don't surf there already.

http://brightoncottage.blogspot.com/

The post is from just a few weeks ago....

Anonymous said...

The house will still be there when the kids are grown and gone. Don't wish this precious time away. You can't go back.

Colleen said...

My kids are all grown up but I do remember thos days! That laundry room is awesome. I am going to be working on mine during the next week. I had to buy a new washing machine today and decided to get the Kenmore Elite front loader with a pedestal. I think I will love it. I better love it as much as I paid for it. For the next month I will own the Beauty and the Beast as my dryer will still be here. After the price of the washer, my checkbook asked me to kindly wait till next month to buy the dryer!

Chris said...

to anonymous ,
If I was home with just my girls it would make the days a joy but I have a house full of kids{6}this summer , I will actually have more time with them when school is back in as they will have my undivided attention .
I have spent every single day of their lives with them , and I don't regret it , but it is good to have time apart as well , no one has spent more time with my two girls than I have believe me , they always come first.

Nina Diane said...

when I was a SAHM I LOVED when school started. the peace, the clean rooms.....ahhhh!
let me ask you this...that ceiling in your cousin's house...do they have standard ceiling height or taller? I would love to do this but I have 8 ft ceilings so I don't know if that would work or not

G said...

Seriously cannot wait to see the end results!

The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow, that coffered ceiling is gorgeous! And the laundry room - just dreamy. My project list is a mile long too. I just finished painting my kitchen, and now I want to paint my barstools and a cool metal cart I picked up at an estate sale. Oh, and I'm dreaming of a chandelier...

Love your blog, can't wait to see more!

lifeinredshoes said...

I have looked high and low for those exact black and white floor tiles! Pretty please, where did you find them?