Friday, August 28, 2009

I finally got something other than cleaning done

The kids were out playing and I was able to accomplish a little project I have been meaning to tackle . This section of the entry where I extended the height to allow for higher hooks to accommodate for the children's growth , they no longer have itty bitty short coats especially my oldest , anyway I never liked how I had dealt with the transition , so I tore out the small bands of wood and replaced it with beadboard .
I am much happier with this look.

It will look great all painted .

I needed to unscrew the switches and move them forward over the beadboard , so that they wouldn't be sunken , quite easy to do , but it is a novice mistake not to move it forward { which I learned while tiling our backsplash , it is all a learning experience}


16 comments:

Lola said...

WOW! What a great job and idea :) Very cute

Aura said...

How cute! And what a perfect little spot for it.

Vintage Junky said...

Looks great! Your blog is so inspiring!

Smiles!
Michelle

Kim said...

I LOVE IT!! We are about to do something kind of the same in our kitchen - all from your pictures!!! My husband has been studying them all - haha!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris...I am checking in to say hello....been off enjoying my summer. Fall is fast approching. I;m looking forward to catching up with you...

xo Kathy :)

Katrina Chambers said...

Cool!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Looks awesome! I love bead board - we have it all over our house. You did a great job with the foyer. -Jackie

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing!!

Heidi said...

That'll look great, though I thought the transition looked fine before. Can't wait to see it all painted though!

Keep up the inspiring work sis!

Pearl Maple said...

Well done, looks like it was part of the original design and not at all like a later addition.

Cheri Peoples said...

That looks really good.
Just checking in with everyone and to give an update.
I have a new party starting- Wed Sept 2. So each week I will have the Knock Off Knock Out party on Mondays and the Holiday/Seasonal party on Wed. I hope you come for a visit.
New buttons to grab as well.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Aubree @ The Weathered Cottage said...

Wow I love that black door! And the hooks/beadboard is adorable as well. Thanks so much for stopping by...it made my day! :)

Jen said...

Love it!
♥ Jen

Brenda said...

It looks great! And means the kiddos are growing up. Is that good or bad? Probably depends on what day I ask you that question!
Brenda

Hillcrest Acres said...

What a great idea. Can't wait to see the "finished" photo.

Sarah Stephens said...

I love your blog. I usually never comment on blogs that I innocently stalk ;) but I have to ask a question. I have 3 hooks that are the same as the ones you have used in this project. I purchased them at a garage sale. I need 2 more to finish up a project and wanted them to match. I have looked everywhere to locate the same hooks. Where did you get your hooks from? stephaa@hotmail.com