Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ikea Slipcovered Sofa's

Click on the image to get a close-up look if you dare.

I get many many emails about my Ikea Ektorp pieces , I know many are skeptical of Ikea items , I am sure we have bought something that seemed like a good idea but turned out to be throw away piece , we had one , an entertainment unit that we had moved three times with us , it was heavy and unsteady and never the same after that , we convinced the purchaser of our last house to keep it and use it as a computer center as we had , we knew it could not sustain another move but was otherwise fine , certainly if we would rather give it away then try to move it .

Anyway back to the sofa's , we started out buying the arm chair of this series when our first daughter was 2 years old , she is now 11 and it is still in great shape although we have needed to buy multiple slipcovers, which is well worth it I think .
You can see just why I am a big fan of these slipcovered and very affordable sofas, the left shows how raggedy and dirty the couch was after a few weeks of kids and dogs abusing it , and the right is after I threw it in the washer and dryer { this one is not cotton or it would have been line dried} , ah there is nothing better than a freshly laundered sofa , it looks and feels just like new , the stains are gone and it is ready for more abuse .
You can certainly call me an Ikea fan , ah heck you can definately call me a fan of all fitted slipcovered furniture.

No comments: