Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Right Back At It

Don't you just love peonies , well I sure do , this is what I came home to on Monday a big jar of the most lushious pink peonies thanks to my SIL Janice , while she came to help out with the pups she graciously gave us these , how sweet , thanks Janice.
I also want to say thank you to Lawrence for all the work you did taking care of the boys for us , we didn't worry about them one little bit , thanks so much . I get an itch and it must be scratched . I was feeling the drapes needed changing ,a lighter feel is in need as summer has arrived even the air-conditioning is running, so I dug out my old drapes which I still love , however they were no longer long enough , so I simply added a band of fabric to the bottom , laundry and sewing was the game for the day yesterday.

Cost $0 , I love a free re-decorate.



They go so well with the creamy colour on the walls like they are meant to be here after all.






Trying to set in the folds here .




11 comments:

k said...

Chris, the drapes look wonderful...so light and airy!! You can never beat the feel of a free makeover :)

Jennifer said...

What a great summer look. And good thinking to lengthen 'em!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Great re-do for zero $! Those curtains look so fresh and summery :)

kahlanne said...

Your drapes are a breath of fresh air. They really do look "meant to be". Great job.

NicNacManiac said...

Nice...I love the floral pattern...it really says summer!!
So creative with the bottom panel!
Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

Charlotte said...

the striped fabric you used to lengthen the drapes compliments the floral pattern so well. awesome job!!

Tracy Pardue Watier said...

Pretty! Love the seersucker. That's the same fabric you used on your "Sarah Richardson" pillows, isn't it?

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

The flowers are beautiful! Your drapes look summery and fresh. It feels great to switch things out once in a while. Glad you had such a good vacation too!
~Michelle

koralee said...

So lovely..just found your blog..i have been wanting to put some new curtains in my kitchen..you have given me a wonderful idea...

Valerie said...

You rock Chris...going to look for fabric for my french doors. I thought it was naugthy to put up curtains on them...you say nay, so I know it's OK!!(oh little ditty)***wink***
Peonies are my favorite flowers!! Nice surprise eh!
Valerie

Brenda said...

I did the same thing for a shower curtain that ended up being too short for my new guest bath. Sewed something at the bottom, added some trim, and you'd never know I didn't mean for it to look that way! We women are problem solvers!
Brenda

LinkWithin

you might also like