Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pairing back the layers in time for summer

The window fabric was feeling a little too earthy for me , a little drab, so in preparation for the summer weather that I am sure is upon us I decided to peel back and refresh the feeling of the room by removing the fabric overlay to expose the linen look light and airy romans , immediately the room lightened up .


I love this view of the little playhouse , it is like backyard jewelry.


Those blue chairs in the backyard have been calling me these days , lots of outdoor work to be done.
One more month of school than it is summer fun time , a new above ground affordable pool is in our future , I am imagining me skimming the pool daily , wow what was I thinking ? , oh yeah the kids.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

Wow another month of school? Ours are out as of last Friday.

Enjoy the pool!

tina

Mrs. Limestone said...

Love the look. And that little fuzzy ball trim is just the right amount of playfulness :)

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

Looks great, love the ball fringe!
~Michelle

c'est moi said...

Yes, I third the pom pom trim. Did you sew or hot glue it on?

Kristen, The Pajama Mama said...

i love anything with ball fringe!

Lisa said...

SO NICE.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Chris said...

I sewed the pom pom fringe on , I figured I may want to change it so no glue.

julie said...

Love the new look! Perfect window covers!

GiltTrip said...

Where did you get the linen shades? I have been looking a bit online but they aren't popping up.

Magpie said...

I stinking love the trim! I purchased some awhile back and was trying to find a way to use it without it being too cutesy. You make it look so chic!