Saturday, March 28, 2009

what strikes fear in this handy girl ???

Turns out it is a nail gun , with a compressor that sends shivers down my spine. There is more to me not having a proper brad nailer up until now than just the funds . I fear compressors, I can not pin point why , but when I turned it on , and it is a loud one { and that's ok}, my fear took over . OMG!
I had to wait for the hubby to be home to try the first few shots this morning , my arms are still a quiver ! Who knew? I have never feared a power tool until now.
All that chicken in me needed to step aside as I tried for myself , and it was like" butta" so easy , I am glad to have it , it was $100.00 for the whole thing , it is little and fantastic . It took nothing to add the finishing touched to the door header on the closet . Love it , fearful of it but happy to have it .



5 comments:

Natalie said...

Now you really are truly fearless!

I am in love with the look you are creating. I really, really need to try one of your projects myself...

Debbers said...

I hear ya on the air compressor - I too used to be startled by the sheer power of the nail gun until last summer when I started using a framing nail gun which could kill someone in one shot - not to mention it weighed ten thousand pounds - now the little air nailer is nothing - I guess it is all relative....

I love your mouldings - great choice and great design. There is nothing better than mouldings created by design.

Great job!

Cathy said...

Great job! WTG on overcoming your fear. They are loud and scare me to death, LOL.

{{Hugs}}

Cathy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Congrats, Chris! I just might have to save my pennies & get one of those too. $100 is not bad for all the benefits.

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Chris, would you mind sharing brand name? Did you already have the compressor? Did you pick it up at Canadian Tire or somewhere else? Hoping you don't mind sharing your opinion. Thanks, Elizabeth

LinkWithin

you might also like