Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Black paint


I wanted to show you off to the right is wider than the left , hence the hook .

Somehow I fit in a great deal of painting in a very small amount of time , I brought out the black paint and started some transformations. I painted an exsisting table that was white black , as it is listed for sale , turns out more people like black than white right now , not me ! I made this antique hat form into a little display shelf with some beadboard attached to the back , it had been a mirror but that was broken recently . It is $10.00 not bad huh!











9 comments:

Queen B. said...

The black paint looks great.

Queen B. said...

The black paint looks great.

Gaston Studio said...

Glad you showed the second photo because having that extra width on the right side is really cool and makes the piece totally different.
And I love how you repurposed the hat form! What a novel idea!

Gaston Studio said...

P.S. I left you a little something on my Blog Hunt post yesterday...

Chrissy said...

Hey stranger, how the heck are you?? Wow, suprised to see you using black paint...I tell you once you start you will love it!!! Even this time of year John gets lots of orders in black, your coat hook looks lovely!!! All the best, Chrissy

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow I really like this. It looks beachy and elegant plus it grounds the room. Love it.
Blessings,
Debbie

DANIELLE said...

I LOVE THAT TABLE, IT LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO THE STAIRCASE. I ALSO HAVE BEEN PAINTING MY END TABLE THIS WEEK. MAY I ASK YOU WHAT PAINT AND TYPE YOU USED? AND DID YOU ADD A SEALER? I'M NEW TO PAINTING AND BLOGGING! I LOVE YOUR STYLE!

Chris said...

Danielle,
the paint I used was satin black latex paint. I used wax to polish the top , and that is it.
Welcome to blogging
Chris

hqm said...

REally...I don't know how you get so much done!

LinkWithin

you might also like