Monday, March 23, 2009

Beadboard and board and batten , how does one choose?

Isn't this a perfect example of board and batten ?, I like the tight positioning of the battens .
I snapped this pic above from a magazine , I would love to add simple beams like this to our bedroom ceiling with the ceiling white though.




Look at this trim , the railroaded beadboard , and paneling on the peninsula such attention to detail , all the white with the dark floors , now no one can say this is a boring combo.




I am still pondering what type of wall treatment to do in our master bedroom , I love the board and batten as well as beadboard , but the horizontal boards are beautiful too . This will come down to cost , as I would love most of all beadboard at 5 ft but that would ring in at quite a pretty penny , although I do suppose I could do it a little at a time. Most likely it will be board and batten at about 10 inch spacing.
When it come to trim , for me the more the merrier , and I love when there is a good mix.




11 comments:

S said...

Lovely pics! Great ideas to pull from.

MilkMaid said...

Mmm I love the horizontal boards.

Two years ago, I had to chose this same thing, and went with the beadboard panel from Lowe's. Much more reasonable and it really looks good after it's trimmed and painted. I also added a very large baseboard (just a pine board with a smaller trim board on top) to raise the height of my beadboard panel. I think I'm right at five feet. LOVE IT..love it. Looking forward to what you come up with, beautiful, no doubt.

Lauren said...

Love the look of all of these!! can't wait to see your results!

Leigh of said...

I love all of those! Great examples!

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

I love this look! I started working on my living room last weekend to do this very thing! I was inspired by the blog

http://fromhousetocozyhome.blogspot.com/2009/02/everything-room-revealfinally-done.html

also, check out this link....lots of useful info in both!
http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-board-and-batten.html
Good Luck!

Janis @An Inspired Life said...

You must have endless energy, we started putting up molding in our front hall about a month ago and it still isn't finished.......hopefully it'll be done by the time the kids start school!

Keep up the great posts, can't wait to see what you do next!!

A Touch of Country said...

love the island and moldings...did you get that from a book or someones blog? Please share....I am drooling............................

Sheila said...

Where can I find the pillows in white orange and blue that are on the white couoch?

Misty said...

I love all the white with the dark floors. A question no one can seem to answer for me. If you choose white kitchen cabinets, black counter tops and cherry floors, do you match your white cabinets to your window/baseboard trim that is white? I'm worried one will make the other look dingy if they don't match, but also worried about too much matchy, matchy.

Thanks, love your blog!!!

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲

Rustic and White said...

Love your pics...just wanted you to know that you inspired us to to board and batten in our living room. Worth the work...it looks great!! So thank you:o)

Carrie