Saturday, February 14, 2009

Clutter and cleaning

After finally finding the perfect clutter organizer , this is the spot that school papers and odd things go in the kitchen . I found this one for $16.00 at Home Sense I used a gift card my mother gave me , how perfect.
Before, messy messy , and that is after de-cluttering .The corner of shame , papers and a frog , I just don't have the heart to get rid of him though or is it a her , whatever .

And a Happy Birthday to the husband , he requested Apple Pie, I even found a nut free one , that is hard to do, but my hand got tired from putting the candles in so I had to stop. hehehehehe!
Wish us luck today , we will be tackling the garage today , I am very afraid . We haven't seen any mice in the house in a week , and thankfully no droppings, I have sealed all holes I have found but we know they are still in the garage . They have been eating the baits and hopefully some are "expiring ", not looking forward to what we may find .


5 comments:

Lisa said...

HERES TO A MICE FREE SATURDAY!!!

LOVE THE ORGANIZER. GREAT IDEA.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Momovthree said...

I'm cracking up over here because you guys are about as romantic as we are this Valentine's Day! You are working in the garage and right now my husband is installing a floor. lol

I hope the mice are gone for you. Your decluttering looks great. I need to find a solution for all the school papers that accumulate on my island.
~Michelle

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your husband and Happy Valentines Day, too! Here's to no more mice!
Hugs, Susan

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

I think I need that organizer...I can't seem to keep my kitchen desk cleared off...and I am soooo an "out of sight out of mind" kind of girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I hope you get rid of the mice for good - what a pain. We had trouble with mice in our composter so just wondering if you have one of those and especially if it is near the house.

I love your little black paper caddy. We are going to paint our cupboards white this summer and I was noticing your counters in the photo. Are they laminate. We are going to replace our counters but not sure if we should go with a beige laminate or darker charcoal gray colour.

cheers,
blueberry