Sunday, December 28, 2008

Having a happy busy Christmas


We have been enjoying our girls , I am happy to say that we stayed in our pj's almost all of Christmas day , just as I had hoped for .
We woke at 8:00 to these two faces and proceeded to open gifts and laze around . We bought the girls a video game for their xbox , it is called "your in the movies" can I just say that that was money well spent , the game includes a camera to film you and friends and act out scenes as well as play games , oh it is a barrel of laughs as well as great exercise . They played from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm , non stop fun , we even gave it a try ,I nearly peed my pants while playing , great family fun.
We have put many miles on the car in the last few days , we all get so tired from all the driving , but it can't be avoided , can't get there any other way . We saw most of our families and enjoyed all of the visiting time .
We encountered a sudden storm a white out while traveling, very slick roads and many many accidents but we took it slow going , funny we left piles of snow behind , I mean neck high snow piles , hit snow storm , later hit rain and tons of rain and very mild temps that melted most of the snow all in three days , welcome to Ontario don't like the weather , wait a minute it will change!
I just realized I did not take out my camera even once because I bought a new video camera , so I captured much on video , now to figure out how to transfer them onto the computer ??? That will come soon.
I just finished watching the sound of music , what a great movie now back to work tomorrow for a few days, sad :( about that , but life goes on .

3 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Just wanted to pop over and wish you a very merry christmas and happy new year!

Elizabeth (Northern01 on RMS) said...

Know what you mean about Ontario weather. We have shared the same. From piles and piles of snow to pouring rain. Did you get those incredibly strong winds yesterday? Luckily most of our driving has been around here, but still trecherous(sp?) at times. We will have to check out that game as xbox 360 came to our house for Christmas.Have a great New Year.

lilibethsgarden said...

Glad you had such a fun Christmas day with the girls! I tried to e-mail you about 5 times that day but it kept bouncing back saying 'undeliverable'. Argh!