Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Steven and Chris Show

STEVEN & CHRIS



I have been keeping a little secret , the reason that I have been working feverishly getting my house ready is for it's big debut , I submitted my home for the Steven and Chris show segment called House Proud , it airs nationally on the CBC , it is a wonderful daily talk show , I know all my Canadian friends know who these guys are , but if you reside in the US you may know them from Designer Guys as they were the original hosts and it aired on HGTV. I have been following them forever , forever ever... you can watch them as well online . Check the link .
I have to thank Linda for without you I wouldn't have even really considered doing so , not that I wouldn't love the opportunity to share my passion , but the thought of being filmed and put on television makes me a lot queasy , but some how I managed , Alex and Arthur were so kind to me , and it was a lot of fun , really not nearly as scary as I thought it would be .

The house looked the best it ever has , it feels so pretty today in here I will enjoy its cleanliness and the fact that it is so finished .
Click on the Steven and Chris link and check out their site , they have lots of great living advice including decorating , in the video portion you will find the House Proud videos among many others, they are a lot of fun to watch .


Thanks Steven and Chris for coming and letting me share my home with you and you audience what an honour. Thanks Alex and Arthur , you made it easy and fun .
I will keep you all posted as to when it is airing .

28 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! I hope we can see it here in the U.S.! If it doesn't end up on their website, would you please put it on youtube?

I hope this is the start of something great for your new career, you deserve it!

Wanderluster said...

Congratulations, that is so great! Your home is beautiful and deserves to be televised. I had considered doing the show too, but really don't want to be in front of the camera, lol.

Did you actually meet dreamy Steven & Chris? Do keep us posted on when it airs!!

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Congratulations! What a GREAT thing!! You have a beautiful home and how fun that you will be inviting everyone into it. I'm in the U.S.A. so I won't be able to see it, but I'm doing a happy dance for you here.

JenLo said...

Wow! You really deserve it after all the hard work you've put in to it!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Oh I loved the Designer Guys. I don't think they are on the air anymore here in the US? Do you know if we in the US will be able to see it? I hope so!! Congratulations!

restyled home said...

Yay!! Congrats Chris, and don't thank me...it is YOUR talent and great decorating sense that got you on there!!

I will be a very proud friend watching you when it airs!!

Linda

Bella Casa said...

That's awesome! I get CBC, since I live in the Detroit area, how exciting!!! Your home is beautiful!!!

Bella

Mrs. Limestone said...

Oh how cool!! I definitely know those two. (Im sickly addicted to Canadian shows - I even like that organizing girl)

Congratulations. You have to tell me when it airs in the US.

Simply Dandy said...

Hi Chris,
I used to love watching Designer Guys. They took it off here however. This is very exciting for you. Congratulations!

LeAnn

Pink Slippers said...

Your home does look truly beautifula nd just perfect. I love the white, blues and black accent. Have you been doing it all by yourself?
Wendy
Congratulations for making the show!

Michael said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!!!

Jen said...

That is so great! Be very, very proud of yourself! :)
♥Jen

Mike and McGee said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! Your house looks wonderful too. Definitely post video on youtube if you can - we'd love to see it!

Cote de Texas said...

you stinker!!! I'm so excited and happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the episode!! No wonder you've been like a mad woman and putting everyone to shame. Your house looks so beautiful and you really deserve this. Congrats!

Lawrence said...

Awesome Chris... thumbs up, you go girl!
L.

hella said...

i'm very proud of you, my daughter!
you deserve this!
love you!
mom

lilibethsgarden said...

Way to go sis, you indeed do deserve it!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Oh...Big congrats to you! Hope we can see!

Kathleen Raeymaekers said...

Chris,
You go girl! You are sooooooooooo good in Interior Designing. I can't wait for it to get on tv :)
Congratulations! and your house looks extremely good and nice!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you !!! Your home looks lovely, I hope we in the US will get to see it ??

Have a nice week-end,
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. That's fantastic. No wonder you have been beavering away working on your house.

cheers,
Blueberry

Gretchen said...

Congratulations on having your house on TV. Your deserve it! Your home is one of the first I found when I started blogging and you have very unique ideas and an "I can do that" attitude that makes me think I can do it too.

I can't wait to see it on TV.

Gretchen
birdnestcottage.typepad.com

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I am so excited for you, your house is so pretty and you have put some much time and energy into making it beautiful, congrats!!!!
Hugs~Kelly

Chrissy said...

Wow good for you, and your house looks amazing, can't wait to see it, please let me know when its on!!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS>

This is a huge deal. Congratulations. I can NOT wait to see it!!

Funny, I just discovered this show and instantly added it to my PVR list. How could I have missed it until now? I love Chris's silliness vs Steve's coolness!

The Mrs said...

COngratulatuions! I can't wait to see it.

Saucy said...

You must let us know when the episode airs! I try to catch them when I can but often I am too busy at that point in the day...

T said...

I can't wait to see it! CONGRATS! :)