Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spiders have taken over just in time

I have been accused by my gentile daughters that my Halloween stuff is too cute , not creepy enough , so I stepped it up a notch , I went with the interior as opposed to the outside because it is really cold and has been unusually windy , and Mason is having friends over on Friday to join us for trick or treating.





I really went for it with the webs , I know I will be swearing this decision is a few days I assure you .




And this , this tiling , the bain of my existence , who's idea was this , oh me , right! these tiles are being difficult , I even considered hiring an installer , but no I can do this , I am the girl who does stuff . I have had to install certain tiles over and over because they seem good but due to the natural unevenness the tend to pop , I have just rolled with it , back butter , I know that is always the way , lots of good adhesive and we seem to be swinging now . The tile saw I had gave up after 2 inches of cutting , I don't mind renting a great and powerful saw but it has been cold cold , and water and cold make for a miserable me . All my uncut pieces are down , now I have to commit to the cut pieces , I wait for warmer weather , its below zero right now , which is 30 something I think, yeah cold. Come on sun warm it up out there.



14 comments:

Kirt said...

Hi I like the pictures but they dont look scary I think that they look good but you need to add some gore and scary things with blood and scary zombies in it instead of plain skulls and rats they're not scary get gory stuff to scare the pants off anyone who enters.

Momma to Bug said...

You have a lot of patience that is for sure! To work with little kiddos and do home improvement projects yourself says it all. I really admire this about you. The slate tile looks beautiful and will be worth every minute of your time I am sure.

SweDaisy said...

The floor is looking fantastic. I love the spiders, where did you get them? What are your girls going to be for Halloween?

take care,
Lisa

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Those webs could be loads of fun to remove. You are a better mama than I - I wouldn't even attempt those. Your tiles are looking amazing! I really wish I had the guts to do those in the entire kitchen.

Jersey Girl in DC said...

Ooooh, spooktacular! :)

tardevil said...

Your kids should be happy with your decor. That tile project sounds like a nightmare, but it will be worth it in the end. You guys should hop a plane to Florida, and trick-or-treat in the warmth! :O) It's too cold where you are!

Saucy said...

Sometimes tile cutting (especially the uneven stuff) can be a real pain! Perservere.

Amanda said...

Great job on the Halloween decor:):) The tiles are going to look great I am sure:)

Natalie said...

Those webs look so real! Great job.


I'm blown away that you're able to do that tiling. You're my hero, lol.

Laurel MacD said...

My daughter has been waiting for me to make the house spooky i not my favorite. Yours looks great.

Liz said...

Happy Halloween Chris!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Terri said...

Chris - wow! I love your decorations. And I just watched your segment on Steven & Chris and it was amazing. Your house looks gorgeous! I just adore the way it looks and would love it if you lived closer to give me some tips! I have so many things I want to do and yet I am so afraid of wrecking things or making a mess, especially with big things (like a popcorn ceiling). But you have inspired me to start small and DIY!

Loved it (and you looked great and sounded perfect!). So impressed!
:)
Terri

Kirt said...

You emailed the wrong person.

Ceramictec said...

it's great that you attempted the tile job. most DIY'er are misled to the ease of doing tile.
the product you used. "pre-mixed" thinset isn't worth using and should not have been used on your floor. we in the industry hate that stuff.

LinkWithin

you might also like