Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pretty in Pink

Come on in and see what has been taking up all my spare time I am finished besides a tiny bit of touch up painting, oh I have got to change that register , it is an eye sore .
I repainted the cornice thingy over my daughter's bed because the knots were bleeding through .
I decided to keep the bed the soft green , did I tell you before this was a bed that I shared with my sister when I was very small, I always loved it , my brother broke it and it was written off by my father ,but turned out it only needed a little rebuilding and pine slates and voila it has been the perfect little girls bed .

I finished adding new baseboards and casings , it has really helped add some pretty white detail to this cheery room . Some day I will add pine floors and paint them white.
I never wanted to show you the old curtains that covered the closet , they were not my best work , I reworked the bedding to make for a prettier ensemble. The chandelier was a plain and ugly black one I bought 9 years ago and painted pink , the shade were plain white shades I covered with chenille and trim as well as these beaded flowers , I love the shades , they are one of my favourite things.

So there it is , I hope she likes it for a few more years to come I dread having to change it , it brings me joy .

21 comments:

EJ & Roo said...

its beautiful!! i love the chandelier!

julie said...

Great job mommy! I am sure she will love it for a very long time!

Gretchen said...

If that was my room at your daughter's age I'd never have moved out. Everywhere I look you have added such sweet touches.

Gretchen
birdnestcottage.typepad.com

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

A perfect little girls room.

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Isn't fun to decorate a girls room? I love yours!! My favourite is the curtains...and the chandelier...and the cornice moulding...well, maybe just everything!! LOL!

AJ said...

What a great little girls room! I must know where you got the basket tower that is holding her Webkinz!

Wanderluster said...

What a lovely, lovely room! Any little girl would love to have a room like that.

Momma to Bug said...

It looks beautiful! All of it! Your daughter must feel like a princess!

Jen said...

Love the cornice! And the monogram above the bed. It is a great room for her to grow up in. :) NIce work!
♥Jen

Cote de Texas said...

love it!!!!
love the curtains - such a great idea!!!

Joni

The Mrs said...

Very cute! I have my childhood bed waiting for a little girls room someday as well, so sweet.

SweDaisy said...

Such a beautiful room for a little girl. Your girls musst really feel like princess'.

Take care,
Lisa

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

So charming, love the stripes and the chandelier!
Hugs~Kelly

Deb said...

It's beautiful. I love the look of the curtains and the stripes in the room.

Liz said...

The beautiful pink light shining through the windows is my favorite. :) I'd live there if I could.

Saucy said...

This is a delicious little girl's room. The chandelier is so cute! I painted my daughter's white... but pink, that is inspired!

We need to do a little spruce up, thanks for the ideas.

mommaof4wife2r said...

oh what a fab job u did! i love the sherbert pinks and oranges...so much fun and so stinking girlie! love love love it!

Anonymous said...

Just adorable !!!!

Kathy :)

Breezy said...

Can I come live in that room? My house is soon to be filled with boy stuff and I might just keel over without enough pink in my life!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What an adorable room! This belongs in a magazine!

DeeDee said...

Beautiful! Can I ask, is the monogram hand painted, stenciled, sticker? It is perfect for my daughter's room! Thank you!