Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New flooring

Slate floors , will they be the choice for my entry way ?? , well I do love them , I have purchased one box of Indian Slate , I am thinking of the brick pattern but I would like to do an insert of some kind , something of a detail , I am all about the details, which is why I do not go for a modern look too simple for me . The slate I have chosen is all deep grey no gold tones at all.

Do you have slate floors any where , what is your opinion? I have a slate surround around my fireplace and as a detail in my back splash , so it does refer back , as well I believe it is a good resale material .

I am off to the tile store to source some detail, trying something new , tiling a floor , what could be next.

9 comments:

tardevil said...

Beautiful...but don't personally have any, so I can't tell you about how wonderful it is!

Mrs. Limestone said...

I really like slate and it can look lovely but I find it to be a very modern material and looks best simple.

Mango Gal said...

I love slate floors! I think it looks so pretty, I agree with Mrs. Limestone, I love it when it's simple, almost like you realize just how beautiful it is because you took a closer look.

3 Peanuts said...

OUr last two kitchen floors were slate ad I LOVED them!!! I could send you a photo (all deep gray too)

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

I have slate floors in my downstairs entryway from the yard and I LOVE them. I desperately want them in my kitchen, but I'm terrified that they'll be too uneven. As for the wear and tear, it's definitely the best flooring I have ever had!!!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I think slate is lovely. I also think it would hide a lot of dirt! LOL!

With that said, I wonder if it is hard on your feet (like ceramic tile)??

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I think slate is lovely. I also think it would hide a lot of dirt! LOL!

With that said, I wonder if it is hard on your feet (like ceramic tile)??

Meredith said...

I have slate in my bathroom and love it... Great choice!

Ganka said...

Slate is a very popular flooring medium among modern homes, and is preferred for its fine grained appearance and its textured surface. Although slate is comparatively cheaper than most natural stones, it can give your flooring all the desired effects that range from rustic to elegant.

Here is another link that might be useful:
Slate Flooring | Cost | Buying Tips | Installation | Maintenance