Sunday, May 25, 2008

the weekend work

The weather is working in our favour this weekend, so there is much to be done, apparently I make my husband anxious when I work non stop on the weekends, blah blah blah , lazy bum, I don't ask for much help from him anyway I do my thing as I can , got some more screws in the deck, painted the lantern below, cuter huh! , ripped up some grass and put down more beach pebbles , stained the front steps with concrete stain , who knew they made that , cool , much improved my steps, planted my window boxes , got rid of two bamboo and wicker shelves that were ugly and taking up precious space, they left to make room in the basement , it needs to get started finally. planted some hostas in the front garden, warded off comments about my busy nature from neighbours , tended to the front patch of grass , completely neglected anything that needed doing inside, made a complete mess of my hands , the price I pay for work getting done. Had two kids sleep over on consecutive nights.....I think that is it , oh nope scraped off some peeling paint in the front of the house and caulked as well on the top of my 10 ft ladder. Yes that is it , but it is 2:00 on Sunday so I will try to get a little bit more done a few more screws and perhaps get some umbrella jewelry , oh wait I also helped and insisted that my dad come by and gather his boxes that we have been storing for 4 years oh maybe less , donated many boxes to goodwill. Feeling less cluttered now.




9 comments:

Kim said...

Good grief!! I'm worn out just reading what all you did!! Take a break and now enjoy it all!! I'm really loving your new steps - and that's concrete stain?? Got a few places I could use that at!

Heidi said...

you make me tired!!! concrete stain eh? hmmm, i might have to look into that for our front steps.

you're amazing!

Susan said...

You have the energy of five women! I feel good if I do the dishes and keep up with the laundry.

restyled home said...

If you were my neighbour, I'd bring you a cold glass of lemonade...in an attempt to lure you over to my house to "do a few projects"!!

I need my husband for just about every major project...bummer!

Anonymous said...

Would love to know what you used on your concrete steps please?

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Love your concrete steps! What a difference!! Bold move and lovely!

As an aside...can you believe the news about Marilyn Denis and Cityline?!?!? I am in shock!

paperjunk-lc said...

I applaud your tenacious spirit. It’s inspiring! When we bought our home 10 years ago it had outdoor carpeting on the patio we took it off last year it was in hideous shape. Well we would like to paint the concrete that was under it but there is all of this awful glue left. My poor husband has been applying stripper and scraping but we've still got a way to go. Your post inspires me to finish the job!

Linda Lou said...

I am so impressed with all the work you do with your home. Just getting ready to install hardwood floors in our house is so stressful, not to mention a lot of work to get it ready. How do you deal with the chaos?

Aimee said...

Man. Now I need to add concrete stain to our outside steps to our way to long list of house things also! What a wonderful before and after. I also would love to know what you used!