Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Where have I been???

So sorry to leave for so long with out any word, I have fallen off my wagon, my blogging wagon. There was a time when this shelf could barely hold a few items, however after reinstalling it and adding the brackets it has become a fun place to play with accessories. This is my newest arrangement.
I decided to repaint this cupboard in my kitchen it had just been green on the bead board so I bumped it up a bit , with this lovely blue.

I have been struggling with this path way that leads right from the sidewalk to the front door , I had a couple of steps that always shifted after a hard winter, so here is my newest try, pea gravel, I wanted a casual beachy look, yes I will have to put stray rocks back in their place but it looks so much better , and the little ones can easy maneuver it .
This is where my living room stays, in flux, I have done all that I can , I have tracked down a capable painter to finish this job , as I can not bear the thought of climbing my 20 ft ladder that I despise to risk death to finish this job , I have never hired a painter but I will gladly pay to make this issue go away , as well I need to find a good painter to work with after I start my business.
I sprayed this table to match the other black table , it was just looking so drab , now it has a nice fresh finish , I used latex spray paint , how nice and easy.

Sorry I have become a complete slacker , I haven't done anything on my own to share with you , but I am up to a few things and I will share them soon.


The weather has been amazing here , hot , really great, so I have been tending to some outdoor maintenance, and updating, ripping out some plants , cleaning things up , I have some changes planned for the near future, and I will share them for sure, I have my husband picking me up some interesting components today and I am excited to try something new very soon. I rather feel under the gun , as we have some seldom seen family coming to stay and I want things just right for their arrival.


3 comments:

hqm said...

Oh, how I love pea gravel and the crunching sound it makes when walking on it!

Heidi said...

Awww, I'm sure the place will look amazing as is, but it is nice when company gets your butt in gear...oh wait, that's just MY problem. ;o)

I'm sure you'll inspire me to bits!

Chris said...

Whew! Glad you're back. I was starting to go through withdrawl! So what you're telling me is that you're just as handy outside, too? Must. be. nice. :) Thanks for sharing!