Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baking again

10:30 pm and here they are a couple of glasses of wine and lots of cuppies as I like to call them , blue with swedish berries , and extra's for the kiddies tomorrow as one of my borrowed children is having a birthday.Wow that frosting went fast , it was two and half sticks of butter's worth ,and lots of icing sugar , I could have made more , note to self make more, a whole pound of butter tomorrow.
Here is my new do , I had about 6 inches chopped off, and it feels good, a bit short but that will change, I am happy to say I have lost 8 pounds so far with lots of hard work , but still much to go, cheer me on now, losing weight doesn't come easy anymore.




I am excited to share with you a new trick I have , tomorrow is a dance a thon that I will be helping out at , and of course I bake for these , for the new Peanut Free table , that is a new idea , wonderful, I found a tip a filling tip, look at this filled cupcake, I used instant pudding mix with a little over 1 cup of milk to get a nice thickness for this and for layer cakes as well this works wonders, from my old cake business days.
So easy , what a nice surprise.

On tonight's menu we have vanilla -vanilla filled cupcakes with blue icing and Swedish berries , the kids will love them.

There is dance a thon part two on Friday and on the menu , inspired by Martha's show last week, it will be smore's chocolate cupcakes with gram cracker crust and marshmallows on top .MMMMMMMMMMM............

Sure am feeling grateful for the kitchen-aid right about no.



13 comments:

restyled home said...

Love your hair!! And congrats on the weight loss...although when I saw you in January, you looked pretty great as you were!!

Linda

Hillcrest Acres said...

Those cupcakes are adorable. Did you submit any cupcakes to Martha's cupcake contest? You've got talent.

Congratulations on losing eight pounds!!!! It's no easy task and I applaud you. Hair looks adorable too!!

Have a great day!!

Mrs. Jones said...

You're hair looks great! The length really suits you. Great idea for filling cupcakes, too. I think we will be trying that this week. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

You will get many compliments on your hair style and length. It looks great on you. Weight loss too? What a package!

Mrs. Limestone said...

The cut looks great! Very chic.

Liz said...

The cupcakes look wonderful! Love the new haircut too.

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

cut hair and cupcakes.

i hear ya with weight loss. it just wants to stay and stay. great job on your 8 pounds!

a dance-a-thon? what's that?

paperjunk-lc said...

Way to go on the 8lbs! I too am trying to loose. Let's just say the older you get the harder it comes off! With that being said bravo on staying on your diet while making those yummy looking cupcakes!
Cute haircut too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new hair cut and the weight loss.

Blueberry

Anonymous said...

Love your new do! I can't believe how much your daughters look like you. I love the blog! Congrats on the 8 lbs.

Wanderluster said...

Love the new 'do. And the cupcakes look pretty fine too :)

Aimee said...

Lovely new hairdo! And I'm trying to lose some weight too - UGHHH! Good job on your hard work though!

Anonymous said...

what recipe do you use for your cupcake icing? yummmmmm..... loose weight AND baking? you must have strong willpower! :P

Johnnie