Thursday, March 20, 2008

GE Profile it is


I have been waiting for 2 years now to buy a Jenn Air and I have almost completely ruled it out in favour for this model, the Jenn Air although pretty doesn't have ample freezer space , I don't want less space just better location that's all, the baskets for the freezer seemed flimsy and annoying , so I can imagine in the future they would be rather regretful. So we looked at all the models , my two girls and I , and we really love the french door style, as the space is tight here and a big door could hit the island, and it has the large spaces inside that I fell in love with . The bottom pull out tray and super convenient shelves , one simply slides under it self to allow for taller items, wow I love that . It is 25 cu ft so it has lots of room, and although Sophie will have a little bit of trouble getting to the stuff inside she is growing like a weed, this is why we opted to a regular fridge while our kids were young , I love that they have been able to help themselves to things, I can't imagine the alternative , annoying. the slide out tray at the bottom would be perfect for my big trays of cupcakes. It is really a cool fridge.

They had the most beautiful fridge marked down by $1000. and electrolux side by side , it really is the prettiest fridge out there and what a deal , the best part is that it is stainless all around , no black or grey sides , stainless , so for all of us with side exposed fridges it would solve that color difference problem , I am going to box mine in and attach my chalk board with a hidden hinge so I can made a slim cavity for my swiffer and mop. I know enough about the appliance choices. Sorry I have been dreaming of a new fridge for so long how could I not be excited.

4 comments:

restyled home said...

I have to agree: it sure is purdy!!
I share your love of great appliances. I keep daydreaming about how I can come up with the money to buy myself a pretty blue retro fridge (but a reproduction of course...I like new). I have come to realize it would have to be a lottery win, as hubby thinks the whole idea is fruitcake...totally frivolous!!
Enjoy your new fridge!!

Happy Easter, Chris!
Linda

Michael said...

My parents have the GE Profile french door refrigerator and matching appliances. There are different models of this fridge, all look the same, but are distinguished by different sizes. My parents had to pick the smallest version because of an overhead cabinet that limited the height dimension. Long story short, the smallest model is built by LG, not GE itself, and the compressor is much louder than the regular GE models. Some random part on the fridge was recalled and GE sent a service person out...that's when my mom learned about it. Just something to keep in mind...no problems to report though. It really is a beautiful set of appliances.

Mrs. Limestone said...

Congrats on getting it!

Our fridge has the ice in the door (which I love!) but its really quiet. My last fridge was also a GE Profile (but not the french door) and we never had any problems with it.

The side is a gray rather than a stainless but I like that its magnetic so I can put up notes on the side that aren't unattractive from the front.

Wanderluster said...

Congrats on the new fridge - its a beauty! Regarding Tasco, they have GREAT product knowledge. We even switched to a Panasonic microwave from a KitchenAid one based on what they told us. Also, they will price match so if you get a quote from Sears or other retailer, bring it into Tasco and they may beat it. If you're buying more than one appliance, even better, they may give you a better deal.

LinkWithin

you might also like