Thursday, December 20, 2007

What have I been up to


It occurred to me that the Epi pen that my little one wears to school during recess could reach very low temperatures damaging the very precious life saving drug , we hope she will not need, and is too expensive to unnecessarily replace before the expiry.
So I searched out some Thinsulate, at my local fabric store, and Sophie picked out this soft polar fleece and I whipped up a little muff for her Epi Belt in time for tomorrow's recesses.

I have been baking my famous sugar cookies, I made these type cookies for my wedding favour over 10 years ago , the recipe is tried and true, a Martha Stewart classic, with royal icing. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=7ee2640093b0f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default
this is the recipe I use but mine is double , that will make 26 orso of medium sized cookies. These are part if the teacher's gifts , I will put them in Chinese take away boxes from Michael's , I love those. I just need to watch my husband doesn't sneak any while the icing dries for 12 hours, he is weak around these cookies.
I realize my dog looks certifiable , I suppose he wasn't thrilled with his Christmas outfit, but I love it , he has such a shrunken head and the hoodie fit so well, he keeps losing his air , all over , he has bald spots on his head and his tummy is pretty hairless, he hates our Canadian winters.
I have a large on order for his younger yet much bigger brother, Boston Terrier sweat hoodies, Oh so cute.
I sure hope it passes the Sophie test.


No comments: