Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The tree

The two aqua blue ornaments were my Oma's , very vintage, glass , hand painted and glittered well the large one , the small ones look like mercury glass, they are beautiful. Sophie was a great help placing many of the unbreakable ornamets for me, her idea was to clump her things together , hmm that's different.

Here is my tree , it is as white as the snow, I have always wanted a white tree, last year I found this one for a song, much to my husbands dismay, a white tree?? He can not tell me its not beautiful nothing showcases special items like a background of white. For all of you purists I can not nor have we ever had a "real" tree it would surely kill my poor husband due to his allergies Christmas is busy enough don't you think?
I am simple when decorating the tree, no garlands , not too much fuss, lots and lots of ornaments that mean so much to me. This is a little dress I made it even has a hanger, that from my crafty days.
This is a gorgeous ornament that was actually my first grown up one, given to me by my Mother,notice the shells.
I love glass ornaments, there is a whole set of these candies in tins.
My little snowmen couple.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your white tree is beautiful! The white tree is the perfect background for all of your ornaments.

I'm no purist when it comes to trees, either. We have had an artificial tree for 15 years.We recently tossed it due to age. We are probably going to take the girls to cut one down this weekend, and then I will hunt for a new artificial tree at the after-Christmas sales.

restyled home said...

I think your tree is lovely! I think my livingroom would be perfectly suited to a white tree, but my hubby just laughed when I mentioned that one! He is a purist, through and through...

Terri said...

Gorgeous white tree. I would never get away with that at my house. ;)
My David is in the same boat with Linda's hubby.

chriskauf said...

Todd never wanted a white tree, but he has never complained , what's it to him, I don't see him, thinking of how its going to decorated , or what color the walls need to be or the bedding , he knows the house is my turf.

Debbie Miller said...

I got a white tree this year too! have to admit I got a real one too