Monday, December 24, 2007

Opa's chair

This is the chair I often sat on when visiting my Oma and Opa, throughout my childhood, it has obviously seen better days. Some time ago my Mom dropped it off to me to have me work on it, I haven't found that time, as I have been doing constant home improvements over this past year . Until tonight ,, after I brought it up last night during our party , and I was inspired.
So I will show you its sad state, I have made great headway on it tonight, as it is a tradition on Christmas Eve to do some random unplanned project , last year it was painting stripes on my bedroom wall.

That is deteriorated electrical tape, some parts still had some stickiness.
I will keep you updated when the time is right , Mom no previews for you.

5 comments:

Tip Junkie said...

There's an award waiting for you over on my site! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

onelittlemustardseed said...

Can't wait to see it finished...my aunty jean had a chair like that in Ireland in black and white with chrome...I loved perching on it in her kitchen...she never failed to warn me to not lift the stairs with my foot and bang them down!

nannykim said...

oooo--love that chair--my mom had when when I was a kid! I loved, loved, it and was always fascinated bye it. She would sit on it to do the ironing---we had an iron board that would drop down from a built in cabinet. She would watch "Search for Tomorrow" while ironing---those are just some of my memories with the chair. I think ours was black and white.

nannykim said...

I never check the spelling--why? I should have had one instead of when. Should have had by not bye!!

Anonymous said...

My 99 year old grandmother had a similar one as well. Her chair was all yellow but I don't remember a padding on the chair. When I was little, it seemed so tall and perched on top, I worried about falling off.