Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Food allergy project

There is a 12 minute video at this link , feel free to watch and learn..thank you .

http://www.foodallergyproject.org/videopage.html


As a mom of a peanut allergic child I am touched to find this new organization , pushing to find a cure. There is a 12 minute video , it is very eye opening.







This is child, my child is sick everyday , because her immune system is not adequate to protect her from one simple food, something that came from the earth , something that should nourish her ,but it can kill her, I do everything I can do to prevent that , I want her to live a full long life, to do what ever it is that she chooses , I don't want anything to be stolen from her because of this challenge.
How can this be? There needs to be a cure.

8 comments:

restyled home said...

She is such a sweetie!! I hope she never has a scary episode where she actually has to use the epi-pen. Heavens knows, you will protect her well...

Linda

chriskauf said...

I can always count on your comments to be there for me , thank you .

Stephanie said...

Thanks for that link, Chris. It was very informative and everyone can benefit from watching it.
I hope that Sophie is doing well. She looks like such a sweetie!

restyled home said...

By the way Chris, I tried to watch the video clip, but it didn't seem to work.
Little Sophie would be safe in my house. We are extra cautious around here as two of my friends have peanut allergic kids...even our teen-age sitter is allergic. When Gray was little he would run back home (from his return to school after lunch) if he realized he hadn't washed his hands after eating something like a granola bar. He (who had very garbled speech at the time) would yell, "May batain nuts!! May batain nuts!!" He was so worried about harming his little friends.

(Paul used to joke that we should get him underpants with the same slogan for when he got older!!)BAD!! Thought you could use a chuckle...

Linda

chriskauf said...

That is funny.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

You have great passion for this project. Why haven't we seen much about this in the media in Canada? We all need to learn more about this. Be strong.

restyled home said...

Hi Chris, me AGAIN!!
I just stumbled upon a site I think you should check out. It is actaually one of my links, but one I hadn't checked in a while. Scroll down to the second post, and you'll find a kindred spirit on this topic.

restyled home said...

Stupid me...here is the link:
http://homedaisy.blogspot.com/