Thursday, July 26, 2007

Beautiful things.


These are a few of my favourite things......

White , the bones should be white, I love painted walls, but the trim and lots of it should be white, beams , panelling , it all will do.......


The floors must be wood, preferably dark and aged......
Rugs must be striped , and their must be more and more stripes.......
tall ceilings are a must....






Colours and comfort....casual life.......


Slipcovered sofas with legs.....pillows lots and lots of pillows no doubt......









Plenty of cozy seating for family life...............








Some of my favourite things can be found at lee industries, www.pineconehill.com and www.dashandalbert.com a girl can dream.
I am having a bit of trouble with these link, I am working on it.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Is a sister entitled to free decorating advice IF she ends up getting the house she hopes to get??

I'd want to start in the kitchen....I love your kitchen, oh heck you're whole freakin' house!

chriskauf said...

Sure thing. I am glad you are re_using your green , it is great, if my family room colour didn't go so well i would try it here.

Terri said...

I was never a huge fan of stripes, but since you have mentioned them in a couple of posts, it was like a light bulb went off in my wee head and I thought "hey, I need to think about stripes again" and now I am noticing them everywhere...

Thanks for flagging something so obvious to me. you know how we get stuck in our "i like this, i don't like that" ruts?!

I like the stripes you show. And what a pretty post!!

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Lovin' that pink couch up there!

Linda

restyled home said...

Love this post!! As usual your taste is perfect. I can't see a single thing I wouldn't want...!!! I especially love that round, pink ottoman/stool! Great choices!!!

Linda

Jen @ The Cottage Nest said...

We share many of the same favorite things. I loved all of your pictures!

Splaneyo said...

I think I now have some new favorite things!
Heather

jonezy456@aim.com said...

The link to the Pine Cone Hill website doesn't work because it has to be www.pineconehill.com and the same goes for Dash & Albert, www.dashandalbert.com! They have wonderful stuff!!!!

Rachel said...

great post - I love both of the kitchen ideas! Thanks.