Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Floor day 10 , long days

I think that the floor is complete , the finish is sublime, feels good to touch, looks better than I had hoped for it was well worth the leap of faith, first I have never installed a floor never taken on a project that would look so bad if done badly, so it was good, the hole thing was inder $200.00 including brad nailer, if I had done it in a prefinshed wood of a comparable finish as in casual semi distressed look it would have been around$359.00 more plus installation or tool rentals, a difference of at least $310.00 now that was worth it,now I must still finish the trim this long weekend, I will take some completed photos after it is all done, the kids are already using that area as a dance zone, socks or bare feet only.
There's my kid Mason enjoying some peace out on a gloomy day , we just picked up that swing yesterday and had a whole 20 minutes to enjoy it before the skies opened up it furry , but I look forward to many hours probably more like minutes to come as soon as the sun returns.I love hammocks!


Linda MacDonald CSP(tm) said...

Great job on the floor! It looks beautiful. You are quite the woman!! I can't wait to get started on my yard. Wendy is going to help me. I have a "deer problem" with regards to planting. It seems they love every plant I do!!

groovyinclinations said...

We just refinished our floor too! I was so inexpensive, but a lot of work. We went with red fur and had a local mill cut it. (I'm wondering if I'm repeating myself?) 1.25 a square ft. We also opted for a basket ball court like finish~ wow is it striking! Nice work, yours is a beauty!!

Linda M. said...

Hi Chris, whatcha been up to lately? Probably some major project that we will ooh and aah over.Can't wait to see!!