Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My "mudroom"



Ok , it's not a mudroom persay , but its all I have , I have considered building one onto the back of my house but my suburban lot does not allow for a rear entry of that kind , it would lead to a rediculous trek through a narrow walkway to the back door of the kitchen, and considering on any given day I have between 3 and five extra children and all of their outerwear in addition to my own family of four, a 4 foot wide closet at the front door would not even come close to supporting the loot, so after adding recessed panel moulding around the main floor I put up some hooks and recently for christmas on behalf of my husband , or so I told myself, the perfect cupboard to hold mitts in winter and flipflops and skipping ropes in the warmer months as well as hubby's wallet and shades. .If only I knew when to switch it over, the weather can't seem to decide either. Although it is often covered in little girls coats I think it is a pretty and practical entry to a suburban house.However I still dream of a huge laundry/mudroom, with lots of tile and panelling. But that space is planned for the basement maybe next year.

4 comments:

Linda MacDonald CSP(tm) said...

Love your mudroom! Where did you get that "dog" hook? It's sooo good! I did a blog on my mudroom today as well. I find most of my clients are really into carving out a great mudroom space for themselves. Yours is a great example of doing just that without having an actual room set aside. What has my sister gotten me into? I'm getting addicted to blogging!! This from a total non-techie!

chriskauf said...

Your mudroom post is was made me put up my example.
I keep putting up all my fave links and websites , potterybarn kids , I saw on yours, I was just there today , I am in the planning stages of redecorating my older daughters room, and of course I looked at pottery barn kids and pbteen for great ideas.
Wow we really do have a lot in common.

onelittlemustardseed said...

Well, I just spit out my coffee laughing...I had just finished reading Linda's blog, clicked over from her link to your site and then I burst out laughing....you to are like peas in a pod!

Chris, I really hope you get down to SJ soon...we can all plan a eat, drink and be merry fest culminating in shopping trips to all the fun stores...

Your mudroom is beautiful and I admire how you carved out such a workable space!

chriskauf said...

Linda I just realized I didn't tell you where I got that dog hook, like most of my things I found it at home sense.It is cast iron. And was dirt cheap.